The great way to increase confidence and improve your smile while preventing oral disease and future dental issues.
Benefits of Orthodontic Treatments: Why Invisalign® Is A Great Investment
Have you always dreaded the idea of going through the painful process of getting metal braces? Great news! With Dental Oasis of Orange County, you can get straighter, more aesthetically pleasing teeth without the discomfort of traditional braces. Invisalign? is a method of straightening your teeth that is completely different from traditional retainers and metal braces. Invisalign? is a clear orthodontic device made from BPA-free plastic that is used for a prolonged period of time to straighten your teeth. Made from custom molds, Invisalign? is matched exactly to your teeth to ensure a tight fit that conforms to each crevice of your lower and upper jaw. This fit makes it easy to put on and take off during eating.
The journey to a straighter set of teeth begins with a consultation with Dr. Toorani. After having graduated from the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry, Dr. Toorani obtained his certification to provide Invisalign?. As a firm believer in cosmetic dentistry and minimalistic teeth restoration, Invisalign? is an excellent choice to realize your ideal smile and boost your confidence.
Misconceptions About Invisalign®
When Invisalign® first come onto the market, it was a little more expensive than traditional braces since not many dentists had used it and not many people had used it for their orthodontic treatment. In recent years, some people may have the misconception that this treatment is still out of their price range. However, Invisalign.com says that many dental insurance plans can actually cover a good portion of the cost, just like traditional braces. In fact, some plans can cover $1000 or more, or 50% of the maximum threshold! If the cost is too high, there are Huntington Beach, CA dentists, like Dr. Toorani, who have lots of payment and financing options that you may want to consider.
If you have a feeling that a young son or daughter will need Invisalign® trays later on, one way to cut costs is to get them started with interceptive orthodontics. While you may mostly visualize pre-teens or teens with brace faces, orthodontic intervention can actually begin while a child is still in Kindergarten. Appliances like spacers and expanders can be used first to get teeth in the right position, and a dentist may even want to extract teeth early if they are crowding and pushing permanent teeth out of position. So you’re probably thinking, how does adding early orthodontic treatments save money? Dr. Cangialosi, a professor of orthodontics in New Jersey, says that even if your son or daughter needs more treatment down the line, these interceptive methods shorten the length of treatment, meaning you won’t have to be paying for orthodontics for years.
Why Choose Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is the least invasive form of teeth straightening. Perhaps the most amazing thing about Invisalign® is that it will give you the same results as traditional braces, except without the pain and hassle. And in many cases, it will be much easier to keep your teeth from becoming discolored or decalcified.
For instance, according to an article on Science Direct, patients who underwent banding processes (slang for orthodontic treatment that places metal bands on teeth) had more white spot lesions (WSLs) than the control group. While WSLs can certainly be caused by a poor diet, they can easily occur with traditional braces since it is very difficult to thoroughly clean around them. With Invisalign®, you can just take the tray out, so your oral hygiene regimen will be as good as it was before treatment.
More Reasons to Inquire About Invisalign®
There are definitely more benefits than being less invasive or easier to clean:
- There’s no need to tighten Invisalign® like traditional braces, so you won’t need to see your dentist as often. Some parents have to take their children out of school often to meet with the dentist, but having Invisalign® can void that issue.
- Invisalign® is custom made for every gap, crevice, and curve of your smile, so it will fit your teeth without the discomfort of traditional methods of teeth straightening.
- Invisalign® is easy to remove. If you feel any discomfort, you can take it out for up to 2 hours a day.
- You won’t have any tooth breakage or weakness that people with braces face. This helps to reduce pain.
- There is no change in speech because it fits so closely on your teeth.
- There are no dietary restrictions while wearing Invisalign®. With traditional braces you can’t eat things like corn on the cob, popcorn, toffee, etc. When it’s time to eat, take it out. When you’re done eating, put it back in. It’s that easy!
- Invisalign® is invisible, so there will be no visible alterations in your smile (except for straighter teeth).
- You won’t get food caught in your braces, so you won’t need to carry around a travel toothbrush and special flosser whenever you want to eat out.
Is there any catch? As you can see, there’s definitely a lot of benefits of Invisalign®, but it’s not a cure-all. If a patient has incredibly severe malocclusions, then he or she may need traditional braces after the Invisalign®. If this is what your dentist recommends, make sure you get the quote for both portions of the treatment. If you or your child has minor issues, then you can just stick with Invisalign®.
The Basics of Getting Started with Invisalign®
- Consultation – You need an Invisalign® consultation at Dental Oasis of Orange County to be sure that all of your questions about Invisalign® are asked and answered.
- Tailor Fitting – X-Rays, 3D images, and mold impressions will be employed to make sure your Invisalign® fits perfectly and works correctly. This process also helps to know how long you’ll be wearing Invisalign®.
- The Invisalign® Journey – It is recommended that you replace your Invisalign® every two weeks.
How Should You Take Care of Your Invisalign® Braces?
Caring for your Invisalign® is very simple. Since bacteria and germs can accumulate on your Invisalign® over time, here are some tips to make sure you’re taking proper care of your investment:
- Brush and rinse Invisalign® in lukewarm water every day.
- Replace Invisalign® every two weeks.
- Remove Invisalign® before you eat and rinse out your mouth before placing it back in.
- Don’t grind your teeth or clench your jaw too hard (to prevent breakage).
Contact Dental Oasis in Hungtington Beach Today!
If you feel like Invisalign® could be a good fit for you, call (714) 894-7700 or visit Dr. Brian Toorani at Dental Oasis of Orange County for an Invisalign® consultation.
Requesting an appointment online is very easy. Just click here to request an appointment or fill out the form on this page.
Dental Oasis Of Orange County is located at 7777 Edinger Ave #232, Huntington Beach, CA 92647